Forum Games WotLK Classic:What addon do you miss the most?

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

WotLK Classic:What addon do you miss the most?

Postby VIcaydn » November 1st, 2022, 7:43 am

I’m aware that this might be a discussion rather for wow interface or curse forge site because most players here will go with a response like “None. The game is best without addons.” which is a valid opinion, yet I’m curious about the opinion of players who do use convenient addons without completely overhauling the default UI and just miss those that can’t work on a modern version of the game or they could work but nobody took the effort to port them over to Classic.

The Best WoW TBC Classic AddOns in WoW Classic TB

For me, it’s addons whose functionality was eventually implemented into default UI like Cartographer ZoneInfo/Cromulent for example.

While definitely not necessary for playing the game and there is ZoneInfo Classic, which displays even more information as a substitute, it’s just not the same ZoneDetails was never updated for BC let alone WotLK Classic and I just miss the info displayed next to/below the zone name on the map.

Another add-on which is kinda shaming it wasn’t revived for Classic is PaperDollFrame Stats, and again it does have substitutes, but DejaClassicStats is just a port of Retail Character Panel adjusted for Classic and Extended Character Stats while at least more Cataclysm-like has an issue that it does not display additional info when you hover the cursor over the stats.

What I miss probably the most however is the DrDamage addon. Again, no addon is necessary to play the game (or at least shouldn’t be), however, it’s more convenient to have the info about spell cost and average heal/damage output displayed on the action bar instead of just in the tooltip.
VIcaydn

Return to Games