Forum Games What kind of support can I expect if I become a paid custome

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

What kind of support can I expect if I become a paid custome

Postby robertflesch » September 4th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Dear YahooGamesNetwork

I have hundreds of hours in just on the YahooGamesNetwork side of my game.
But before I go any further, I have to wonder about support.
Support seems spotty at best, for paying customers is it better?
Is there any other means of support?
I know there are a lot of first time developers out here, but I have been developing software for 25 years, and multi-player games for 15. So I don't post unless I have spent at least a day trying to figure out what is wrong first.

I am sure you guys are hard at work at wonderful new things, but the forums is how most customers interact with the YahooGamesNetwork.
Because if the best I can expect is what I am seeing right now on the forums, it might be time to think about another route for my server side.

robertflesch
robertflesch
Paid Member

Re: What kind of support can I expect if I become a paid cus

Postby robscherer123 » September 5th, 2014, 1:39 pm

If you've been using the service for a while now I'm sure you already know how wonderful it is. I really do love the Yahoo Games Network so far, and they've slowly been patching bugs that have been an annoyance in the past, which is great.

Unfortunately I can't say that the support is the best I've dealt with though. It is there, but it's very lacking. As you can see, the forum is about the best you get. And even then, replies may even take days at best. I do appreciate the help I get when I get it, but it's definitely not the fastest. I don't know of any emails that you can contact and expect a faster answer either. I tried a few last year but it wasn't much better, although maybe I didn't try enough. I don't even see a contact email anymore unless it's buried away somewhere.

Overall from what I can say, what you see from the forum is what you get. The replies on the forum from Henrik (thank you Henrik) are the only recent help I see. Maybe it will get better once they get the payment system and things up, I think they may still be transitioning from PlayerIO to the Yahoo Games thing, I'm not sure. So yea, altogether I love it, but the support is a bit scary and I can imagine being a turn-off. It'd be nice to have more developers and forum activity as well. I wouldn't let it stop you though, but that's just my opinion.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby robertflesch » September 5th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Thx for the reply Rob

This is a bit of a chicken and egg problem. No support, no users (whether is it user support or paid support). I know they are working on internal yahoo projects. And since I don't see any of those projects posting here, it tells me there is a two tier support system. With this tier being the bottom. Goes back to my question, what level of spending does it take to get into the upper tier of support.

bob
robertflesch
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » September 5th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Yea I gotcha. I've been a paid customer, and I don't know that there is any difference at all whatsoever other than maybe they try to reply to our forum posts more? Other than that nothing is different that I know of.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to Games