Forum Games I need help

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

I need help

Postby csharporbflat » November 15th, 2013, 8:58 pm

I have 2 questions

1. I am working on a brand new game in Flash for FB or Kong, haven't decided yet. :D

Since I am building this app from the ground up, I would like to know which service would be the best for a new launch, which would get the most players in the shortest amount of time, and which is easier to monetize.

I am not sure if this is the best way to do it or not, but I plan to have free items which can be earned by playing the game, and premium items which are better, but have to be purchased with real money.

The game will feature real time synchronized action for 2 to 4 players. So obviously the more players I get in a faster time period would be better, so players would not have to wait very long to find other players to play with. Also the more players that play, the more opportunity there is that premium items will be sold, or at least that is the plan.

2. For those of you hosting your games with PlayerIO how have you copped with traffic limits? Have you found that the $25/month plan is adequate when you are first starting out. Or have you found that you have incurred a lot of overage charges?

At what point do you need to consider upgrading, in other words, how many players are in your game before you upgrade to the more expensive plan?
csharporbflat

Return to Games