Forum Games Combining PlayerIO with Flashpunk

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

Combining PlayerIO with Flashpunk

Postby RighteousWeasel » October 9th, 2012, 3:26 am

Hey fellas, not sure if this is the right spot for this topic.. but there were a lot of topic sections to choose from. Anyway, I'm combining PlayerIO with Flashpunk, as I have a basic game and am looking to make it multiplayer. Obviously I have to change most of my coding, but I've been looking online for a tutorial for the past couple of days that actually shows how to use playerIO (I can implement the coding into FlashPunk myself) with no avail. The tutorial on this website doesn't really walk through anything.. it just kind of talks in theory about what PlayerIO could do. Can anyone point me toward a tutorial showing how to set up functions (Such as making a player move and sending that information to the server) or simply explain in detail how this is done?
I would really appreciate any help, as I'm at a standstill in my project.
Thank you in advance!
RighteousWeasel

Re: Combining PlayerIO with Flashpunk

Postby Henrik » October 9th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Check out the example projects in the devpack and learn from there. They should cover pretty much all the basics.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Combining PlayerIO with Flashpunk

Postby RighteousWeasel » October 11th, 2012, 2:17 am

Yeah I've been looking through it for a while now. I think there's a problem with my inheritance of classes, most of the functions don't seem to be loading in. I'm sure I'll figure something out though. Thanks for the reply!
RighteousWeasel

Return to Games