Forum Mobile Flash for iOS and PLAYER.IO

Everything mobile goes here.

Flash for iOS and PLAYER.IO

Postby nucleusgames » April 17th, 2011, 1:39 am

Hi, I making a game on flash for the iOS, the game runs perfectly in terms of performance but apparently the loadAPI() function in Player.IO class tries to load an external swf from "http://api.playerio.com/flashbridge/1" which returns "BridgeV1.K-PLugRYyb6o-lXn_4T6ug.swf" which probably contains the api itself.

And since apple does not allow apps to load external codes which seems to be what's happening there I am getting the error: "Cannot import a SWF file when LoaderContext.allowCodeImport is false."

I'll try to embed the SWF file to the app rather than downloading, but I want to ask if there's any point of trying to do so before I burn my time.

gotta say though, I really like Player.IO but this was unexpected :|
nucleusgames

Re: Flash for iOS and PLAYER.IO

Postby nucleusgames » April 17th, 2011, 2:25 am

After some thinking ... embedding wont work as it wont be converted to byte code, is there an another way? swc? .as?
I don't want to spend ages coding and testing my own multiplayer code :cry: I am the only programmer on this project and I'd rather spend more time polishing the game!
nucleusgames

Postby Benjaminsen » April 17th, 2011, 8:56 am

Due to the inherent limitations of flash on iOS you cannot use the basic API as you have noticed.

We do however have a fully working swc in beta that solves just this issue. However as maintaining a SWC and making sure nothing breaks when we do updates is quite a lot more work, only paid costumers can sign up for this beta program.

If this is something you think you might be interested in, ping me at chris@player.io
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby nucleusgames » April 21st, 2011, 12:29 am

Benjaminsen wrote:Due to the inherent limitations of flash on iOS you cannot use the basic API as you have noticed.

We do however have a fully working swc in beta that solves just this issue. However as maintaining a SWC and making sure nothing breaks when we do updates is quite a lot more work, only paid costumers can sign up for this beta program.

If this is something you think you might be interested in, ping me at chris@player.io

sent the email a while ago, and still waiting for your reply!
nucleusgames

Postby Benjaminsen » June 5th, 2012, 11:10 am

Just an update.

We offer a fully functional API for Adobe AIR / Adobe AIR mobile for paid members. If you want it and is a paid member write me at chris@player.io.

/Chris
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby wbsaputra » August 23rd, 2012, 4:06 pm

Hi chris, can i get that that api, id like to built my games for ios and android, thanks
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Postby krechagames » January 6th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Sorry for opening old topic, but how to become a paid member? Is there a need to start a plan (ie this for $25/month?) We are still developing our game so we don't want to start plan right now... but we have to test our game on various devices.
krechagames

Postby worster » January 14th, 2014, 7:59 am

krechagames wrote:Sorry for opening old topic, but how to become a paid member? Is there a need to start a plan (ie this for $25/month?) We are still developing our game so we don't want to start plan right now... but we have to test our game on various devices.

hi, we have the same problem, but our progress is nearly to be in distribution step. how can we get the swc library for iOS?
worster
Paid Member

Postby skinhead_2727 » January 18th, 2014, 8:32 am

We need it too.

I read from another post that the SWC will be given out only to paid members but the payment gateway has been down for a couple of days.

http://payproxy.games.media.ac4.yahoo.com/ seems unreachable.

Help please. We need to test out on iOS devices.
skinhead_2727

Postby eRistocracy.org » March 22nd, 2014, 11:24 am

Hello. Since PlayerIO/Yahoo Games Network have published new pricing model, is it possible for us to get mobile API for free?
eRistocracy.org

Postby Henrik » March 23rd, 2014, 5:24 pm

Henrik
.IO

Postby gamebuilders » April 14th, 2014, 7:10 am

@Henrik can the flash api be used on iOS or do we have to create an ANE to wrap the native PlayerIO lib for iOS and Android?
gamebuilders

Postby orcunnisli » February 19th, 2015, 4:44 am

Hi i am developing an IOS game with air sdk 16.0, and encountered on same problem?

Even I am using a new YGN SDK (February 2015) this problem continues.

How could we solve this? Is there any ANE wrapped the PlayerIO lib for IOS?

Any help would be really useful!
orcunnisli

Postby orcunnisli » February 19th, 2015, 4:58 am

I`ve solved the issue.

Its all about the playerIO as3 files that i copied from SDK/Flash/NewGame/Flash/playerio/*
I guess they are old and when i deleted them, (only PlayerIOClient.swc left on my project) it worked like a magic

And as a note for PlayerIO development team, please rework for your examples to keep us here.

Thanks
orcunnisli

Postby djstatika » October 21st, 2016, 7:14 pm

I'm a bit confused about what information is out of date etc here.

I have just made a game, and am trying it on different platforms. On android & PC it works fine, but on iOS when attempting to connect I get an error: The method requested is not supported Error: [PlayerIOError] Error #2032

how do I get it to work?
djstatika
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » October 21st, 2016, 8:29 pm

djstatika wrote:I'm a bit confused about what information is out of date etc here.

I have just made a game, and am trying it on different platforms. On android & PC it works fine, but on iOS when attempting to connect I get an error: The method requested is not supported Error: [PlayerIOError] Error #2032

how do I get it to work?

That's a rather vague description of what you're doing, and I can't read your mind... :D

You made a game in what for what and which version of what SDKs?
Henrik
.IO

Postby djstatika » October 24th, 2016, 11:59 am

Henrik wrote:That's a rather vague description of what you're doing, and I can't read your mind... :D

You made a game in what for what and which version of what SDKs?

My apologies. I guess what I am asking is if there is an obvious reason why player.io wouldn't work in flash/air on iOS. This thread and others make it look like there was in 2011, but could be fixed by using an additional swc file. Above you said "its right here", but the link is now dead.

But to answer your question, i built the game in flashbuilder, using starling, packaging with air for iOS and android and I have also made a web version. It works on web and android, but not iOS.

my code is:

Code: Select all
PlayerIO.connect(
            stage,                        //Referance to stage
            "obscuregames-****",         //Game id (Get your own at playerio.com)
            "public",                     //Connection id, default is public
            GameStudio.nameInput.value,                  //Username
            "",                           //User auth. Can be left blank if authentication is disabled on connection
            null,                        //Current PartnerPay partner.
            handleConnect,                  //Function executed on successful connect
            handleError                     //Function executed if we recive an error
         ); 

handleError is firing, with an error stating: "The method requested is not supported Error: [PlayerIOError] Error #2032"

I'm not sure which version of player.io sdk it was, but I downloaded it last week, and I can see there is a new one that might have been since, I shall try that...

EDIT: No luck with the latest SDK either
djstatika
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » October 24th, 2016, 10:03 pm

What version of the AIR SDK are you using?

Does anything change if you set this property to true: https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... piRequests
Henrik
.IO

Postby djstatika » October 25th, 2016, 12:29 pm

Henrik wrote:What version of the AIR SDK are you using?

Does anything change if you set this property to true: https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... piRequests

I am using air 22, but yes, changing that property seems to have fixed it, thanks!
djstatika
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » October 26th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Good thing you posted this. I am in the works of putting my game on Android and will be working towards putting it on iOS soon as well. I'm sure this will save me some headaches now that I know of it ahead of time.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby ChristianD » October 26th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Apple has some harder technical requirements for apps, they don't allow HTTP, everything has to be HTTPS, and they are also requiring that apps work over a Nat64 network, which is an IPv6 tunnel.

We've done work on our end and a lot of testing, and as far as we can tell, using Adobe AIR 3.4 when you build a Flash app for iOS ensures that all the PlayerIO SDKs work, and your app will pass Apple's review.
Christian
ChristianD
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » December 22nd, 2016, 9:43 pm

I'm working on getting my AIR game on IOS now. I've come across a small problem that could probably be easily addressed in the AS3 PlayerIO client. Unfortunately since the PlayerIO client is in SWC form, I don't have access to the code. But the problem is that I use the PlayerIO.gameFS().getURL() method to dynamically load some assets for my game. Even after setting PlayerIO.useSecureApiRequests to true, the getURL() method still returns an http url and not an https url. This makes the getURL() method unusable on IOS since it will cause a #2032 error when an asset is loaded from http and not https.

This shouldn't be a major problem, as I can just go ahead into the GameFS page on the website and get the permanent links for each file, and copy/paste that into my game instead of using the gameFS.getURL() method. But it'd probably be a good idea and easy fix to return an https for the getURL method if useSecureApiRequests is set to true, that way devs won't run into an issue with it on ios.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » December 28th, 2016, 2:33 am

https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... rio.gamefs

The method takes a second parameter, secure, that defaults to false. Try this instead:
Code: Select all
PlayerIO.gameFS().getURL('asset.png', true);
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » December 28th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that. >.< Thanks for the info.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to Mobile