Forum ActionScript 3.0 What is this PlayerIOClient?

Problems and discussions relating to ActionScript 3.0 here.

What is this PlayerIOClient?

Postby zapleaf » October 29th, 2014, 8:32 am

The way they set up basic folder structure to use in the new game folder is just awful, so I started moving a lot of files around to make it nice and organized. When I tried to move PlayerIOClient I ran into a ton of issues. I tried to Google it(Do we say yahoo it, here?) and could not figure out what the crap a PlayerIOClient is. I did find a TINY bit of information on a Flash Component file but not enough to let me understand what this witch craft is. Any help? I would love to be able to port my game over to FlashDevelop but I need to understand all the components of this folder before doing so.
zapleaf

Re: What is this PlayerIOClient?

Postby JimLion » December 11th, 2014, 10:44 pm

Are you talking about PlayerIOClient.swc? Have you not ever used a swc file before?
That "witchcraft" is a file that contains some libraries made by the original developers of the Player.io platform, and it gives you all of the Player.io as3 API (you are using actionscript 3, right?).

If it works fine up until you move the file and then everything breaks then it is most likely your library path. I haven't used FlashDevelop in a minute, but I'm sure there is a spot where you add swc files. Make sure the path here correctly shows the location of PlayerIOClient.swc
JimLion

Return to ActionScript 3.0