Forum ActionScript 3.0 How to play Tic Tac Toe on "live" server

Problems and discussions relating to ActionScript 3.0 here.

How to play Tic Tac Toe on "live" server

Postby Vishwas Gagrani » March 9th, 2013, 2:07 pm

hi!
I wanna play the tic-tac-toe, on live server, without using the localhost ( C# server side code ). I tried putting the Player IO.Main Cluster in the Active Cluster list ( and moved the development cluster into inactive list ) . But on doing so, i cannot connect to the server. It only connects to the localhost.

Here is the error :
Got Error: There is no server in any of the selected server clusters [<name>: Development Cluster] that are eligible to start a new room in (they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters). Either change the selected clusters for your game in the admin panel, try again later or start some more servers for one of your clusters.

Help!

Thanks
Vishwas Gagrani

Re: How to play Tic Tac Toe on "live" server

Postby Henrik » March 9th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Comment out the line in the client that tells it to try to connect to your development server:

http://playerio.com/documentation/multi ... clientside
Henrik
.IO

Postby Vishwas Gagrani » March 9th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Ok, thanks.
My game name is "experiment".
It now says :
Got Error: The game experiment doesn't have server type with the name: "TicTacToe". The available server types are []

Do i need to upload all the files there in the panel ? I want to play it with my friend, on the flash player ( without browser ), and without doing any file upload.

v.
Vishwas Gagrani

Postby Henrik » March 11th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Vishwas Gagrani wrote:I want to play it with my friend, on the flash player ( without browser ), and without doing any file upload.

Your game has to run somewhere, so either upload the gamecode dll in the Player.IO Admin Panel, or start a local development server on your machine and add it to your cluster. Just make sure your machine can be reached from the internet on the relevant ports.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Vishwas Gagrani » March 11th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Ok, i uploaded both the .dll and .pdb files. And launched the swf. Still now joy! :(

Got Error: There is no server in any of the selected server clusters [<name>: Development Cluster] that are eligible to start a new room in (they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters). Either change the selected clusters for your game in the admin panel, try again later or start some more servers for one of your clusters.
Vishwas Gagrani

Postby Henrik » March 11th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Comment out the line in the client that tells it to try to connect to your development server.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Vishwas Gagrani » March 11th, 2013, 8:11 pm

got it working.
Thanks
V.
Vishwas Gagrani

Return to ActionScript 3.0