Forum ActionScript 3.0 Sending emails and alerts

Problems and discussions relating to ActionScript 3.0 here.

Sending emails and alerts

Postby jcase16 » March 27th, 2012, 9:55 pm

I have two questions that I haven't been able to get answered yet.

1. Can I build a game that sends emails when certain criteria are met? For instance, would it be possible for me to have the Player.IO server monitor for when it reaches 12am Eastern Time and when it does then have it send an email to the players to let them know this time was reached?

2. Similar in nature to question 1, is there a way to send alerts to the game when it is the user's turn? How would this be done?
jcase16
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 22nd, 2012, 8:39 pm

Re: Sending emails and alerts

Postby Henrik » April 11th, 2012, 8:40 am

jcase16 wrote:1. Can I build a game that sends emails when certain criteria are met? For instance, would it be possible for me to have the Player.IO server monitor for when it reaches 12am Eastern Time and when it does then have it send an email to the players to let them know this time was reached?

Sorry, no, this is not something we support.

jcase16 wrote:2. Similar in nature to question 1, is there a way to send alerts to the game when it is the user's turn? How would this be done?

What do you mean by "to the game" ? If a player is playing a multiplayer game, he's connected to a game server, and then you can send whatever data you want through the connection. If it's not a multiplayer game, you can't send anything to the game since there's no connection to it. However, you can make the game client poll BigDB or something to see if it's the player's turn.
Henrik
.IO
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: January 4th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Re: Sending emails and alerts

Postby jcase16 » April 11th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking to build this game for smart phones. So I'm wondering if the server can notify the mobile app that it is that users turn. Think Words With Friends. it tells you when it is your turn. i don't know if the game is polling the server or if the server sends out a notification.
jcase16
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 22nd, 2012, 8:39 pm

Re: Sending emails and alerts

Postby Benjaminsen » May 1st, 2012, 12:49 pm

jcase16 wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking to build this game for smart phones. So I'm wondering if the server can notify the mobile app that it is that users turn. Think Words With Friends. it tells you when it is your turn. i don't know if the game is polling the server or if the server sends out a notification.


Push notifications are send using server side Facebook requests. You can use the multiplayer servers Web class to initialize these.

The relevant documentation can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/re ... scription/
Benjaminsen
.IO
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: January 12th, 2010, 11:54 am
Location: Denmark


Return to ActionScript 3.0



cron